We wrote this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it and what choices you have.
We collect information in a few different ways:
- When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it
When you join ISCFS as a member, pay dues or attend any of our meetings, you give us your information voluntarily. This may include your name, work address, home address, email address, phone numbers (work, fax, cell, home), profile photo, date of birth and payment information.
If you link your Facebook or Google account or accounts from other third-party services to ISCFS, we may also get information from those accounts. The information we obtain from those services depends on your own settings and their privacy policies, so please be sure you understand them clearly.
2. We also get technical information when you use the ISCFS website, ISCFS Congress website, online registration program, and abstract submission.
Whenever you use any website, mobile application or other internet service, certain information is created and logged automatically. The same is true when you use ISCFS sites.
Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log data.
When you use ISCFS websites, our servers record information (“log data”), including information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website, or that your mobile app automatically sends when you’re using it. This log data includes your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of and activity on websites you visit that incorporate ISCFS features.
- Cookie data.
- Device information.
In addition to log data, we collect information about the device you use to access the ISCFS websites, including type of device, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers and crash data that helps us understand when something breaks. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you are using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you use a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
Technical Information we collect when you use our information tools
- Usage data and preferences
- Sign-up data
- Authentication detail
- Login history
- Session log – Actions taken during a session
- Device specific information (device type and identifiers; events, such as crashes)
- Account profile information
- Cookies associated with your account
- Verifying your login credentials
- Pages you view and actions taken on sites or with browsers incorporating ISCFS information
What we do with the info we collect:
- We use the information we collect to provide ISCFS services to you. We commit to showing you content that’s relevant, interesting and personal to you. In order to do that, it’s necessary for us to use your information to:
- Identify you when you use the ISCFS websites, and process your transactions for registrations, and dues payments.
- Respond to your questions or comments.
- We also have a legitimate interest to improve the ISCFS website, maintain our relationship with you, and protect users. We both benefit when we use your information to:
- Help your patients and contacts find you on the ISCFS website, if you agree to this.
- Conduct analytics on who is using the ISCFS websites and what they are doing.
- Improve ISCFS websites and offer new features.
- In addition to the specific circumstances above, we’ll only use your information with your consent to send you ISCFS informational materials by mail, and email depending on your account or operating system settings.
Each time we send you an informational email, we give you the option to unsubscribe.
Transferring your information:
ISCFS is a worldwide organization. By using the ISCFS websites, you authorize us to transfer and store your information outside your home country for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your information in these countries may not be the same as in your home country.
Choices you have about your info:
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices regarding your information.
You have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access the ISCFS website. For example:
- The browser you use lets you control cookies or other types of local data storage.
- Your mobile device lets you choose how and whether your location, photos, advertising identifiers and other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by your device or software provider.
How and when we share information:
- Some of the ways we use your information requires us to share information with third parties, so we can provide you with an exceptional ISCFS experience, make sure our customization is effective and that it complies with laws that apply to us. We share your information with:
- Other services (like Facebook or Google) when you decide to link your ISCFS account to those services or publish your activity on Facebook.
- Online advertisers and third-party companies that we or they use to audit or improve the delivery and performance of ads or content on websites and apps (for example, through Google Analytics). This includes what website pages you visited and whether or how you engaged with those pages, or other information about your activity on any ISCFS websites.
How long we keep your information:
We keep your information for five years after your membership lapses or after an event such as a course or congress has ended.
You have options in relation to the information that we have about you described below. To exercise these options, please contact us. You can:
- Have your information corrected or deleted. You can update your information by contacting us.
- Object to us processing your information. You can ask us to stop using your information, including when we use your information to send you marketingemails. If you opt out of receiving marketing messages from us, we may still send you newsletters and updates about upcoming events. We only send you marketing material if you’ve agreed to it, but if you’d rather we don’t, you can easily unsubscribe at any time.
- Complain to a regulator. If you’re based in the EEA and think that we haven’t complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission or with your local supervisory authority.
International Society of Craniofacial Surgery
10 Penn Tower, 3400 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA, 19104, United States
The ISCFS Executive Office is responsible for protecting your information.
Last Edited: January 30, 2023